January 29, 2012

Sunrise over Lake Tahoe


"What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?" - E.M. Forster

It was a Saturday night and I knew our Sunday morning plans were to hit Fire Sign, the local breakfast spot in town, and spend the day window shopping on North Lake Tahoe Blvd. In the afternoon, we planned on squeezing in one more snow adventure for the kids, and then head on back to the house, make dinner and start preparing for another busy week ahead. I had already checked the weather report and knew the forecast was calling for blue skies, so I thought it would be an excellent adventure to sneak out of the house in the early morning and catch the sunrise over Lake Tahoe.

It was a cool morning, 21 degrees, and everything was still and silent other than the pack of birds flying south. As I sat bundled in the car with the heater blasting waiting for the perfect picture, I thought of all the times I had planned to do this, and how time and my warm comfy bed had always convinced me there would be another day. Well, I finally made time for that other day.

Enjoy your week,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment