January 18, 2012

Guest Post | Any Day Fitness | Your fit life awaits you

source
a·fit·ci·o·na·do A person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about fitness.
Afitcionado. That’s me. I am by no means a certified trainer, nutritionist or licensed healthcare practitioner. I am however, someone who simply loves the fit life. I am that girl in the grocery store check-out line voraciously perusing the lifestyles magazines for the latest and greatest celebrity diet, before and after pics, tricks and training routines. I am also that girl who impatiently waits with the early birds for the gym to open its doors at 5:30 in the morning. Correction – I was that girl until I entered the world of mommyhood 18 months ago.
Today instead of reading magazines for fit tips in the checkout line, I keep the most precious toddler hands out of this and out of that, and after dear son was born I spent months pining after the days of being able to hop out of bed in the morning (sans the interrupted night sleep) just so I could be the first to walk thru the doors of my home away from home. I gave it a try though. Bleary-eyed and all only to find out dear husband’s commute to his job at Beachbody would require me to cut my familiar workout routine severely short. My world was changing. If I was to resume my fit life I was going to have to change with it.
For weeks I tried toting dear son and his fully-loaded diaper bag with me to the gym in the afternoons but that proved to be another kind of workout – one that required lots of prep time, and me having to carry a clunky pager everywhere I went. So not sexy and yet another reminder that I was on borrowed time. After years of the voices in my head convincing me that home-based workout programs are boring and for the faint of heart, for once I decided to put the voices on mute in favor of my pursuit of fitness. It was worth a try at least. Thanks to dear husband I had a copy of Beachbody’s 60-day fitness program called INSANITY, and yes, it was totally insane. I loved almost every heart-pounding second of it.
For 60 days straight I was able to either workout first thing in the morning before dear son woke up or while he napped. No commute to consider, no diaper bag to pack, and no pager to carry. Of course it wasn’t always perfect. There were days when dear son woke up early so I ended up putting him in his highchair, planting a kiss on his forehead, and then I’d pressed play to resume the finale of my workout. Watching him laugh at me while I was “digging deeper” was priceless.
The daily consistency Beachbody’s home-based fitness program satisfied my craving for the “fit life.” If like me you find your world changing, and as a result you are sacrificing your fitness routine, try to find a workable solution. From one afitcionado to another, put the voices in your head on mute, keep an open mind, and embrace the change.
Your fit life awaits you,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment